my life in small blurbs

Monday, February 16, 2009

Contentment

Heya folks!


Valentine's Day got a WHOLE weekend this year!!! Considering a) I haven't had a 'real' Valentine in like 5 years and b) Will and I haven't had two whole days where we both were off work and had nothing to do since we started dating- this rocked my world!!


With a series of small, cheap dates and spending time with friends and family... it was the most relaxing time I've had in quite some time! Will got me lilies- my favorite flowers :) This makes me SUPER happy!

We also got to watch 30 min of what may be the greatest prize possession I now own. Apparently, about 20 years ago (oh.my.god.... saying that out loud makes me feel VERY old), my second cousin filmed a family gathering after a funeral. My uncle, who owns a videography company, remastered it for everyone for Christmas. Me, being the lazy ass I am, just got it from my mom. It was a precious (and solitary) piece of footage of my precious sister at 5- and a snapshot of my adoration for my grandfather. I sat and watched 30 minutes and sobbed. Good tears.

First real Valentine's Day in 6 year. Love the one you are with.




No comments: