my life in small blurbs

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' Down the River

Very excited about the beginning of this New Year in a lot of ways. I am rockin out my resolutions... except for the sewing machine... haven't made it that far yet :)

I am well on my way to 6 smoke free days and it is getting easier and less announcement worthy each day. I have had to kinda steer clear of Will more than usual, but he has actually been very helpful by taking his smoking outside when we hang out at his dad's. Other than actually trying to quit himself (which I would LOOOOVEE!!!) I suppose this is about as supportive as it gets in sub-freezing temperatures!

My online Bible study is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! I am overwhelmed by how God has ignited a passion in my for His words and at how He is allowing me to revel in who He is. I am so pumped about the girls I am involved with and how they are experiencing faith and prayer in a new, real, and powerful way. I was very interested to see how this whole scenario would turn out, being on the internet. On one hand, we don't know each other and aren't conversing face to face, so there seems to be an impersonality there. On the other... it's the internet. People tell each other all sorts of weird and crazy things. It has the potential, bc of its very anonymity to allow real truth to be spoken without the awkwardness of face to face interaction. So far, it seems that God is really allowing the second to bear fruit in our group! I am just thrilled, thrilled, thrilled!

I've been off work all week, so that has allowed me to really take plenty of time doing things that I'm trying to make habitual (cooking, reading scripture). I've enjoyed having the time, but am totally starting to freak out about not working! I was supposed to be in Roanoke this weekend, picking up a little extra money, but they canceled the entire gig! On one hand, I am glad to not be driving back and forth every day to get back for the Rosebuds shows. On the other...coulda used the money!

So psyched about the Rosebuds this weekend! Going off to read some more in 'Look Homeward Angel," while eating my roasted chicken, with hummus and carrot sticks!

No comments: