my life in small blurbs

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Serendipity...aka God Cares

So, today I invited a traveling co-worker my couch to crash on tonight. She went out with a friend and I went over to Will's to watch Project Runway. (sidenote, SO glad that Cristiane was knocked out... couldn't stand her.... and also my favorite design won... where do I find that dress?!?!?) So, the girl calls when we are have ab 30 min left and is back at the house and the dogs are going nuts. I told her just to firmly tell them to be quiet and hear them tearing around and her asking them if they want to come back inside. I told her that they prolly needed to go potty and could go outside. Well, two seconds after my phone call ended, I realized that I hadn't told her to let them BACK in... and since both are chronic fence jumpers, this is an issue. I called back immediately, but got no answer. So, I told Will I probably needed to go and make sure they weren't terrorizing my guest and all that jazz. I get home... and they are goooone. I drove around for about 20 min looking for them at midnight. I didn't want to call out too loud bc it was late, but I was calling their names anyways. After calling Will and freaking out... I just began to make big loops around surrounding streets. After 20 min, I had this DUH moment and realized I had not said one word of prayer... so, I did "God,I pray that you will help me find my dogs." I was on a street I had been on 5 min prior calling their names and I swear, I heard the brush rustle over the sound of my car engine. I called again and Mazzy comes bounding out of the woods. After grabbing her, Brandtson came cautiously around the corner. I was so struck by how IMMEDIATE that answer was. They were prolly in that same area when I called their name the first time. But, God really showed me blessing in honoring Him with prayer.


Then, Brandtson chewed up my favorite purse tonight.... after about an hour search online, I found it! ONE, in Kansas, where my friend lives and can go pick it up for me! http://kansascity.craigslist.org/clo/1510951701.html...its the brown one!! This also makes me happy. Sometimes I think that God just likes to see us smile. Even if it is over material, pretty things.

OH!!!! and the biggest thing, I almost forgot. About a month ago, Facebook ate an album I had posted of our trip to Va Beach for my bday. There were tons of pics of Buff that were just corrupted and missing. I was heartbroken when I realized.... Today, we realized that Will had never deleted them from his memory card!! I could not be happier!!!!

No comments: