my life in small blurbs

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Coffee and Bagels

Brueggers's Bagels had me at hello! The one morning, however, that I attempt to eat some breakfast, of course, there is free food... the law of my life.

So today I begin 'real work.' I've realized that in a startup a lot of your time is spent preparing for the actual day when you will DO. I'm an action girl, so this has been a bit of a motivation issue for me over the last week. But, today we get to start quoting and writing business! In addition, our doors open October 1, so Cary Madison Partners will be coming to a town near you- care of yours truly. I am partially commission based, so I prolly will bug the crap out of you to get quotes and see if I can save you ridiculous amounts of money :)

The Weepies are brilliant harmonists. Their Pandora station is almost angelic... I've skipped one song in the last 48 hours. Not too shabby!

WAKA midseason party on Friday. I'm being auctioned off, so come out with your quarters and dolla bills, yall! make some money for the SPCA- and more importantly, don't leave me on the platform looking forlorn and unbid for :( I'm really scared that no one is going to bid for me... or that, even worse, Slingin Kick is going to bid for me and force me to do unmentionable things in retribution for how I called them out in the GMOT newsletter. Call a kid a D-bag these days and everyone flips the heck out!

Moving into my new place this weekend!!!!! This statement deserves a few more exclamation points I think!!!! I have wanted to live on my own for a while now and simply placed my need to pay off debt at a higher value. But, after this last debacle, I realized that I never want to live with passive-aggressive girls again. It was like a repeat of Stupid Allie all over again. Really, people, is it necessary to have a 20 response email chain over spices?! But, it is over and I have new hardwood floors and carpet and over 1000 sq ft to call home! Close enough to bike to work and not waste copious amounts of gasoline going to Raleigh 4 times a week. And a little gym so I can be workin on my fitness :)

No comments: