my life in small blurbs

Monday, September 29, 2008

Hurricane Belle

A bunch of y'all know that earlier this year I was affiliated with a local rescue- and that this area got hit with a really awful distemper epidemic. It was truly tragic and I personally lost over 15 fosters. The rescue did not have the resources to care for the healthier pups, so all of them were euthanized- except one special baby that I did an adoption transfer for... Maybelle Jane, aka 'Hurricane Belle.'

Once she was over her quarantine period, I put an ad up on Craigslist and a wonderful older lady responded enthusiastically. Maybelle went to go live with 3 other dogs with with lovely new mother, who works from home, loves her to pieces, and spoils her rotten. Maybelle is now 'Macy,' since there was another 'Belle' in the house and is almost a year old now. Ms Hooker made my heart almost burst with happiness when I emailed her to check on my precious little girl. Here is Hurricane Belle in her new home--












I LOVE HAPPY ENDINGS!!

No comments: